I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist working with individuals, couples and kids since 2005. From 2009 until 2014 I taught classes on stress management, anger management, resiliency training, and communication skills to the military and their families. 2005 - 2009 I counseled families who were under the poverty line and at a Gestalt based clinic in San Francisco.
Some of my trainings include EMDR, Internal Family Systems, Attachment Theory, Gestalt, Parent Child interactive Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Embodiment modalities (Hakomi, Yoga Therapy), and Emotionally Focused Couples Counseling. But it is my passion for awakening that keeps me working as a therapist. I am touched by the brave ones who show up at my office to do this work.
My own theraputic process has been invaluable to me; learning a lot of these techniques from the inside out has given me true confidence in their effects. I suffered traumatic loss early in my life, and was called to find healthy ways to patch up the wounds left. Therapy taught me to access more connection with others, understand of myself and shine despite life's difficulties. I still have bad days, but I have grown to love the journey. I have found access to life's richness inside of these more painful feelings.
I live in Fairfax with my husband (who was actually born with the last name Foxfire) and daughter.
BA, Skidmore College, 1997
MA Counseling Psych, California Institute of Integral Studies, 2006
* Worked with individuals, couples, and children in private practice since 2005.
* Led theraputic groups for children including wilderness therapy, Burt Children's Center (for SED kids), "Sister Circles", and counseling in public schools since1997.
* Facilitated mindfulness and connection workshops with Honeyroot Retreats since 2013.
* Taught classes on mindfulness and yoga with dozens of studios, retreats and workshops since 1999.
* Trained military and their families in stress management, resiliency building, communication, anger management, marriage health, and parenting skills 2009 - 2014.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist # 47986